Wednesday, February 22, 2012

A Coffee A Day


I just spent the most glorious morning with two dear friends!  When you have a 2 ½ year old and a 6 month old, that isn’t something that happens frequently, but they came along and behaved beautifully.  Praise Jesus!

I don’t know what it is about meeting at a coffee shop that makes the meeting feel that much more special, or significant, but it does.  Perhaps it’s the nearly $4 for a grande non-fat latte that really makes it feel like a splurge and sets the mood for “special” conversation.  Who knows? All I know is that we jumped from topic to topic, caught up on each others’ lives, shed a few tears, shared lots of laughs, and set the date for the next get-together.  That’s the thing about getting together with good friends…when you finally spend time with them it makes the feeling of missing them stronger.  I’ve always felt that of my closest friends…when I get a chance to enjoy their company, I only crave it more…just like good coffee.


No comments:

Post a Comment