Thursday, February 23, 2012

Parenting

They say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery...and I think it is mostly true in regards to parenting. At least, it's true when I'm happy about what my children are imitating! As I was reading the newspaper today I was feeling a little guilty about "ignoring" my two year old in order to catch up on what was going on in Garfield's life. The guilt overcame my concentration on the comics section, and I looked down to see what my sweetie was so quietly doing on the floor. (If you're a parent you know that quiet is a scarier sound than screaming sometimes.) My heart melted when I saw my little shadow laying on the floor, silently looking at the grocery ads held above her head...much as her mommy was doing on the couch! What a great reminder that it's not always bad to relax and read a paper. It's in these moments that we can teach our children balance, rest, and the simple pleasure of reading the paper. Be blessed today!


No comments:

Post a Comment